With school having started up, followers might have noticed a lack of posts at this blog. However that will soon be rectified. You see, I am a month into the start of my Political Science degree and am realizing that this will be a perfect place to share my opinions. And for starters, I would like to open everyones eyes to the importance of government, close to home.
Most of my focus has always been on the Federal government. And although it is important, I have found out recently that State and Local governments affect our day to day lives more prominently the D.C. ever will. The reason behind this revelation is because of the up coming elections.
Living in Kansas, one has the overwhelming feeling that this is a Republican only state. That can be a downer to those who do not share the same views. Some might even feel that taking part in state level politics is futile because of this. But this cannot be further from the truth. If you look at the history of elected officials in this state, you will see that we do have a record of voting for the "other guy." But the most important thing to do, is get your ass out of your chair, come November, and vote.
Now, the nice thing about having an internet blog is I can say whatever I want, and I don't have to give equal time to both sides. Most who know me, know I'm a Democrat. No surprise there. But this post is for anyone who is thinking about voting this year.(Hopefully thats everyone!) Because if your voting for or against someone, you should know why.
And don't think I want people to vote Democrat just because. I want people to be informed voters. Read about the candidates and their stances on the issues, pick up a paper or go to news websites. Don't just check the name with the R or the D next to it. Don't be a sheep. Educate yourself!! For starters, below are a few websites of democratic candidates in Kansas. Get informed, Get involved!!!
Governor
Tom Holland - http://www.tomhollandforkansas.com/
Attorney General
Steve Six - http://www.stevesix.com/
Secretary of State
Chris Biggs - http://www.biggsforkansas.com/
U.S. Senate
Lisa Johnston - http://www.lisaforkansas.com/
U.S. Congress (1st District)
Alan Jilka - http://www.jilkaforcongress.com/
2nd District
Cheryl Hudspeth - http://hudspeth2010.com/
3rd District
Stephene Moore - http://www.stephenemooreforcongress.com/
4th District
Raj Goyle - http://www.goyleforcongress.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are always welcome. I understand that everyone has their own opinion. That's great. Just make sure that they are appropriate so everyone can enjoy this site. Let's stay civil, people.